Fallen Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallen Souls

A brand new messageboard to exchange information on personal paranormal experiences, locations of interesting abandoned and haunted places, and other random chit-chat.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Margo
Admin
Miss Margo

Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX Empty
PostSubject: Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX   Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:31 am

Over the past 10 years or so, I have heard many accounts from several different people that this road can seriously give you the willies.
It runs close to Joe Pool Lake, where Mansfield, Grand Prairie, & I believe Cedar Hill come together.
I once had these 2 roommates that would not shut up about a pee-your-pants-with-fear "Confederate Graveyard" that was supposedly located out on this road.
They said it was one of those places where the only way to get directions was to ride along with someone who already knew how to get there.
They kept threatening to take Orchid & I there, but they never really did.
Whenever we'd ask directions, they'd say they couldn't remember, or somesuch.
Incidentally, I worked with at least 2 people who claimed to have been there, but again, they just couldn't seem to remember how to get there.
At any rate, anyone who has anything to say about it agree that it's terrifying.
Orchid & I have been out that way several times looking, and we haven't found it yet.

Apparently, there's a story about a jogger who was the victim of a hit and run.
Now, this adds fuel to one of our experiences along that stretch of road.
It was a couple years ago...maybe 3, that we were on a nighttime drive in search of the "Confederate Graveyard" we'd heard referred to so many times as "Hanger's Low" .
We were having a really hard time finding it (using a 10 year old Mapsco)!
We finally just decided to pack it up & head back home.
On our way up to make a U-turn, we pass this guy running.
Now, autumn in Tx is really nothing to write home to your mom about, but it was chilly enough to need a jacket.
This guy was wearing a tshirt & shorts.
Oh, well, maybe he works up quite a sweat.
Anyhow, we made a U-ey, and the guy is long gone.
"Too bad," we joke. "We could've asked if he knew where the cemetery is. **guffaw*chortle* kersnicker**"
We didn't find it odd at the time.
When we got back home, I make with the Google to see if we were even on the right track.
It was out of desperation, because it was a pretty fruitless search thus far
(You try Googling 'Hanger's Low'. Try it. See what you get!).

This was when I happened upon the story about the jogger.
Now, I don't think that we saw him.
I'll even go so far as to say that I don't think the incident ever really occurred there.
I've lived in DFW all my life, and spent about half that time in the S. Arlington/Mansfield vicinity, and I'd never heard anything about it...but then, maybe my memory's just bad.

I plan to head out that way here in the next couple of weeks to look again.

Who else knows about this place?
Fess up.
Back to top Go down
https://fallensouls.board-directory.net
ScarletteOrchid
Spooky Snow White
ScarletteOrchid

PostSubject: Re: Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX   Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:36 am

I wish they would have taken and left us! At least we would know where it is !!!
Back to top Go down
Miss Margo
Admin
Miss Margo

PostSubject: Re: Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX   Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:42 am

Nah, according to most of the people who say they've been there,
a mean old man likes to frighten away 'meddling kids'

WITH HIS SHOTGUN.
Back to top Go down
https://fallensouls.board-directory.net
ScarletteOrchid
Spooky Snow White
ScarletteOrchid

PostSubject: Re: Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX   Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:22 am

Yeah that would scare me more than anything else. Ghost - could hurt... Shotgun - WILL hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX   Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hangar Lowe Rd. - TX
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallen Souls :: Places To Go & Things To See :: Roads Less Traveled-
Jump to: